Sunday, October 9, 2016

Caribbean Trip

     For my trip to the Caribbean, I enjoyed a warm, relaxing, excursion to a couple tropical islands.  It was incredible!
     For my first stop, I went to the island of St. Lucia.  I visited many attractions, including the Pitons, Rodney Bay, Pigeon Island, and Sulfur Springs.  I started by venturing to Jalousie Bay, where the Pitons sat on both sides.  They are both large volcanic plugs, and are surrounded by many coral reefs.  In Rodney Bay, I explored the enormous marina, and took a day trip on a pirate ship named "Black
Magic" to Soufriere.  It was amazing!  On the way, we also stopped at two other locations; Sulphur Springs and the Diamond Falls Botanical Gardens.  Sulphur Springs otherwise known as "The World's Only Drive-In Volcano," is a hot springs with waters bubbling at about three hundred and forty degrees Fahrenheit, and even a few hundred yards downstream it is still about one hundred degrees.  These lower temperature spots were good for mud baths, as I soon learned!  As I took in all the animals, insects and plants around me in the garden, I saw the beautiful waterfall within the gardens.
     For my second site, I visited the Bahamas!  I began by going to the Atlantis Paradise Island, staying at the resort, visiting the water park, and even swimming with dolphins!  Later, I visited the Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.  I love reptiles, so I was amazed when a large boa constrictor crossed the path in front of me with a zoo attendant!  There was a vast array of animals, including an incredible
amount of flamingos, and the gardens were just as great.  I visited Nassau Island and toured the three forts of the island, including the largest, Fort Charlotte, as well as Fort Fincastle and Fort Montagu.  One of my favorite parts were the limestone stairs in Fort Fincastle, cut out of the queen's staircase at the time.  Later on the island, I walked through the Pirates of Nassau Museum, even getting to go on a replica ship, "Revenge."  I ended my trip at the National Art Gallery of the Bahamas, which expressed some of the biggest cultural changes throughout the last century in its artwork.  It was a wonderful trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment