Tuesday, December 13, 2016

South Asian Trip

     I decided to go on one more trip on my travels around the world, ending in southern Asia.  I began in the country of India, visiting many more beautiful architectural and historical monuments.  I started by visiting an iconic location, one I had wanted to see for a long time, the Taj Mahal.  The mausoleum made of white marble was truly astounding!  I moved on to a holy Hindu site, traveling to the Gagnes River.  It was very disgusting, to be honest, as the river is incredibly polluted.  I felt like
moving back to buildings rather than nature, so I traveled to Qutb Minar, the tallest brick minaret in the world.  Surrounding the main tower was a complex of tombs, each of which was very interesting.  Before going offshore, I visited one last building, the Lotus Temple.  Despite being thirty years ago, it is surprisingly modern, and absolutely amazing!  I ended my stay in India by going to Elephanta Island and exploring all of the carved stone caves and temples.  It was an exciting adventure!
     For my final location, I visited Bangladesh, landing in Dhaka and branching out from there.  I walked through the Lalbagh Fort, a historical unfinished fort.  It is composed of three main structures, including a mosque and a tomb, although more structures have been found.  One of the most interesting parts was walking past a section of the wall that was partly damaged.  Next, I visited the Jatiyo Sangshad Bhaban, the country's house of parliament.  As it is a government building, public access is limited, but I was able to enter the wondrous architectural wonder.  The windows were
placed in positions to make light shine in amazing ways!  I ended my visit to the capital by touring the Bangladesh National Museum, full of all measures of art, history, and otherwise.  I really enjoyed the displays of animals in the natural history section.  I later took a short travel north, in order to see a large monument I had heard of, the Jatiyo Smriti Soudho, a tribute to their veterans and shoulders.  I ended my world trip by going to St. Martin's Island, relaxing and touring their reef.  I have had many fun trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment